Please share your favorite local foods recipes here!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Bacon
Source: Recipe Adapted from Natasha's Kitchen (Entered by Harriett Dickey-Chasins)
A decadent side dish for the holiday season- or whenever you crave it!
Serves: Serves 6 as a side
3 1/2 - 4 lbs sweet potatoes
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS honey
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4-6 slices bacon, chopped
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 3/4" pieces
- In a small bowl whisk the garlic, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper
- In a large bowl coat the sweet potatoes thoroughly with the oil mixture
- Spread potato chunks into an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, then stir the sweet potatoes and sprinkle the bacon pieces on top
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp
Comments added by fellow market members.