Please share your favorite local foods recipes here!
Recipes in Season (4)
All Recipes (5)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Source: Genius Kitchen, Recipe by Secret Teenage Chef (Entered by Harriett Dickey-Chasins)
Try this yummy alternative to your average chocolate chip cookie! Add-ins are encouraged!
Serves: Makes 30 cookies, serving size is up to you!
3 TBS room temperature butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey View Available Products
1 egg View Available Products
1 TBS water
1/2 cup whole wheat flour View Available Products
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups oatmeal View Available Products
Step by Step Instructions
- Thoroughly mix sugar, honey, egg, and water
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet
- Once combined stir in your desired add-ins! (Raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)
- Drop tablespoons full onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 350F, rotating pans half way through
- Enjoy warm or cooled!
Comments added by fellow market members.
Step 1 is missing the butter?