Please share your favorite local foods recipes here!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Source: Genius Kitchen, Recipe by Secret Teenage Chef (Entered by Harriett Dickey-Chasins)
Try this yummy alternative to your average chocolate chip cookie! Add-ins are encouraged!
Serves: Makes 30 cookies, serving size is up to you!
3 TBS room temperature butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 TBS water
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
Step by Step Instructions
- Thoroughly mix sugar, honey, egg, and water
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet
- Once combined stir in your desired add-ins! (Raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)
- Drop tablespoons full onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 350F, rotating pans half way through
- Enjoy warm or cooled!
Comments added by fellow market members.
Step 1 is missing the butter?